The Natural Products Functionality Research Organization (NFPRO) promotes conferences through online implementation, with a focus on activities to publish them as journals on the website. These regulations cover not only online conference records, but also general original papers and review articles. The ICMJE (International Committee of Medical Journal Editors) “Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals” is respected and adopted as a general rule.
This journal invites a wide range of information in order to respond to the recent changes surrounding natural product research, including the functional food labeling enacted in 2015. We will publish articles that can contribute to natural product chemistry and functional evaluation (basic and clinical) and that have not yet been published in other journals.
- Online conference and symposium records
- Original articles: Papers related to the analysis and efficacy of natural products.
- Review articles: Review articles related to the analysis and efficacy of natural products.
- Other short reports, etc.
【Acceptance or rejection of manuscript】
Papers will be peer-reviewed by multiple experts. Papers that are judged by the editorial board to be novel, unethical, and suitable for publication will be published. The standard peer review period is about one month, and the results of the review will be announced as soon as possible.
Papers other than those requested by the Editorial Board will be charged according to the number of words and images.
- Language: Both Japanese and English will be accepted. In principle, please include an abstract in English.
- Title page: Indicate at the top of the page which type of paper you are submitting, such as “Original Research Paper” or “Review Article”, and provide the title, author(s), and affiliation(s) in both Japanese and English.
- Abstract: Please attach an abstract in English, which should be no longer than 250 words. Structured abstracts should be written in the following order: Background or Objectives, Methods, Results, Conclusions, with up to 5 key words.
- In principle, the text should be written in the following order: Introduction,
- Objectives and Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusions, and References.
- The report of the clinical trial should comply with the guidelines such as the “Declaration of Helsinki” and the “Ethical Guidelines for Medical Research
- Involving Human Subjects” (Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, and Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare), and must state that approval by the ethics committee (state the approval number or date of approval) and informed consent have been obtained in writing. In addition, when reporting a study conducted after the registration of the clinical trial, please include the clinical trial registration number (e.g. UMIN-ID).
- For papers involving animals, please be sure to state that the study was conducted in accordance with the relevant guidelines.
References should be numbered in the order in which they are cited in the text. The first five authors should be listed, and the rest should be omitted as “et al.
In the letterhead, please indicate which type of paper you are submitting (original, review, etc.) and provide the name and contact information of the principal author, as well as the address, telephone and fax numbers for sending proofs.
The manuscript should be sent to the editorial office by e-mail. In principle, manuscripts will not be returned.
The rights of reproduction, translation, screening, transfer, and public transmission (making transmittable) of the works published in this journal are reserved by the Research Organization for Functional Natural Products.